Bell Tea has refreshed the look of its packaging in a bright burst of colour! To celebrate the new look (and because there’s nothing better than tea and a bikkie!), Bell has worked with master baker Jordan ‘The Caker’ Rondel to come up with this delicious Lemon and Camomile cookie recipe. It’s inspired by the top quality ingredients in Bell teas, and specially designed to pair beautifully with the flavour of the Bell fruit and herbal range.
Enjoy one with your cuppa today!
Makes 12 cookies.
170g butter, softened
160g icing sugar
1 free range egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g plain flour
155g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Bell Camomile tea bags, ripped open and contents removed
½ cup icing sugar
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp dried edible flower petals
Small handful freeze-dried raspberries
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale, light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually fold in the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt, then the lemon zest and juice and finally the contents of the camomile tea bags.
- Lay a length of plastic wrap on the bench, and place the cookie dough on top. Place another length of plastic wrap over the dough, then roll it out with a rolling pin until about 1½cm thick. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Unwrap the chilled dough and place on a chopping board. Using a cookie cutter, cut out 12 squares, or as many as you can get. Place each one on the lined tray. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Leave the cookies to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Using a fork, drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies and then scatter over flower petals and crushed freeze-dried raspberries.