We love the festive season and here is a twist on the traditional Christmas pudding that is easy, adorable and the grandkids will love! They are also something that can be made ahead and kept meaning you have more time to relax and enjoy yourself (perhaps with one of our quizzes…)
They may not make the Griffins Sampler but we do love Mallowpuffs which make up the main ingredient to these adorable little puddings.
1 x packet of Mallowpuffs
Handful of white chocolate drops or chips
10 x red lollies (we used red rainbow lollies)
5 x gummy green lollies (we chopped up jet planes)
- Chop green lollies in to small ‘leaf’ shapes – you’ll need these slightly smaller than you think
- Put the Mallowpuffs on a plate
- Put the white chocolate drops in a mug and microwave for 10 or 20 second intervals and mix in between until the chocolate is melted
- Use a teasoon and ‘drip’ the white chocolate on to the Mallowpuffs
- Add one red lolly on top and 2 gummy ‘leaves’ on either side
- Leave to cool and enjoy
This is such a fast and fun recipe and they look fantastic. They are also something the grandkids may enjoy helping with. They will absolutely want to lick the bowl and of course help you eat them!
Here are some extra tips that may help:
- You can also use a double boiler to melt the chocolate, it’s up to you
- These can be made ahead of time and kept in a cool place
- To speed up the ‘cooling’ process, you can pop them in the fridge
- The chocolate can get hot so be careful
- These can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or on their own. They could also be a Christmas party ‘favour’ and are certainly a conversation piece!
- You may also like to use red gummy lollies or spearmint leaves depending on your flavour preference – it’s up to you!