As the weather cools down heat up your oven and make these delicious apricot, cranberry and coconut cookies to share with your friends and family. Here is a tip – wet the back of the fork when pressing the cookies down, this stops the mixture from sticking to the fork.
- 125g softened butter
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup threaded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg to the creamed mixture and beat until well combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and mix together lightly. Add the oats and coconut and mix lightly again.
- Fold through the apricots and cranberries until combined.
- Roll mixture in to 4cm balls and place about 4 cm apart on the baking tray. Press down slightly with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes until the edges are golden but the insides are still lovely and soft.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.