Bell sources some of the finest green tea leaves from China for its Green Tea blends, a country which also produces many of the world’s peanuts! So, Bell has worked with master baker Jordan ‘The Caker’ Rondel to come up with this delicious Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich cookie recipe. It’s inspired by the country Bell’s green tea leaves originate from, and specially designed to pair beautifully the flavour of the Bell green tea range.
Enjoy one with your cuppa today! Makes 10 sandwich cookies.
180g butter, softened
60g good quality smooth peanut butter
20g liquid honey
80g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
pinch sea salt
1 cup good quality crunchy peanut butter
3 tbsp liquid honey
- Beat the butter, peanut butter, icing sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Add in the flour and mix just enough for a dough to form. It should be soft, but not sticky.
- Lay a length of plastic wrap on the bench, and place the cookie dough on top. Place another length of plastic wrap over the dough, then roll it out with a rolling pin until about ½cm thick. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Unwrap the chilled dough and place on a chopping board. Using a 6cm circular cookie cutter cut out 20 circles, or as many as you can get. Bake for approx. 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter together with the honey.
- To assemble, use a piping bag or a spoon to spread a generous layer of the peanut butter honey mixture onto a cookie and place another one on top to form a sandwich.