There always seems to be a plethora or strawberries and cream in every fridge over summer. Here is a twist on the classic summer treat of strawberries and cream – Strawberry Santas!
With 4 ingredients, chances are you will everything you need in your fridge and cupboard now. So, what are you waiting for? Here is our recipe for some adorable Strawberry Santas! This is a great recipe that grandchildren, or any little ones in your life will love to help you make.
8+ large strawberries
1 x pottle of cream
3 x teaspoons of icing sugar
Chocolate chips / drops / sultanas / chocolate sprinkles – one of the above!
- Wash the strawberries and cut the green toppers off with a knife to create a flat edge. Cut off the smaller end about ¼ of the way up and pull apart
- Beat the cream and icing sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Put cream in a piping bag and pipe in a circle on the larger base and top with the smaller topper.
- Add more cream on to the top (where the woolly pompom would be) and 2 along the front (for buttons)
- Use chocolate chips (or whichever you have handy) to create 2 x eyes for Santa
Make sure you buy large strawberries, these have a much better effect
Add or remove icing sugar to your taste
Keep in the fridge until ready to serve
These are a great way to use up any extra cream and strawberries too!
The whole family will love these colourful little guys plus it is a great way to get some extra fruit in to the family this festive season.
Do you enjoy strawberries and cream? Let us know how you prefer to enjoy yours!