Bell Tea has refreshed the look of its packaging in a bright burst of colour! To celebrate the new look (and because there’s nothing better than tea and a bikkie!), Bell has worked with master baker Jordan ‘The Caker’ Rondel to come this delicious Spiced Chai Latte cookie recipe. It’s inspired by the flavours of India, where some of the finest tea leaves for Bell’s Decaf brew originate from. These cookies are specially designed to pair beautifully with the flavour of Bell’s black tea range, so enjoy one with your cuppa today!
Makes 12 cookies.
120g butter, softened
45g icing sugar
2 tsp speculaas spice blend (from Equagold)
1⁄2 tsp sea salt
½ cup icing sugar
½ tsp speculaas spice blend
1 ½ tbsp milk
Small handful of dried rose petals
3 tbsp of crushed pistachios
- Beat the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the flour, spices and sea salt, and combine until the mixture just comes together. Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap and place the dough onto it. Place another sheet of plastic wrap on top of the ball of dough, and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a rectangle of about 1½cm thickness.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Unwrap the chilled dough and place on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife cut into whatever shapes you like.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes until just golden around the edges.
- Let the biscuits cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Using a fork, drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies, then scatter over some dried rose petals and crushed pistachios.