As I grow older, I think about aging and what it means. I have found some quotes that appeal to me and thought I’d share ten of them with Grandparents’ readers. I found it awfully hard to limit myself to only ten quotes. Perhaps you have some to share.
- ‘Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.’ – Benjamin Franklin (USA President)
- ‘Some guy said to me: ‘Don’t you think you’re too old to sing rock n’ roll?’ I said: ‘You’d better check with Mick Jagger’. – Cher, (Singer)
- ‘Age is a question of mind over matter. It you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter’. – Satchel Paige (American Baseball player)
- ‘There is no old age. There is, as there always was, just you’. – Carol Grace (Actor/author)
- ‘Growing old is compulsory. Growing up is optional’. – Walt Disney (Creator of Micky Mouse)
- ‘Old age ain’t no place for sissies’. – Betty Davis (Actor)
- ‘Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.’ – David Bowie (Singer)
- ‘Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.’ – Samuel Ullman (Businessman/poet)
- ‘My face carries all my memories. Why would I erase them? – Diane Von Furstenberg (Fashion Designer)
- ‘We don’t stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.’ – George Bernard Shaw (Playwright)
Let us know if you have any quotes you enjoy.